Commercial Electricity Classes
The LLC has focused its limited resources on providing services to low-income residents of Houston’s communities. Particular emphasis has been placed at addressing gaps in services for adult education and services to the elderly and disabled communities.
The first hour of each class is used to provide safety training using audio-visual aids, practical demonstrations and interactive discussions. The remaining class time is dedicated to hands-on learning facilitated by the instructor.
Summary for 12-week course apprentice of the Commercial Electrical class.
1) Using the National Electrical Code. Applying the N.E.C. and definitions.
2) Branch Circuits and feeders GFCI protection and AFCI protection codes and uses.
3) Dwelling load calculations and standard calculations.
4) Services, Overhead service conductors. Underground service conductors.
5) Conductors and over-current Protection.
6) Materials, Tools, and Safety equipment and procedures.
7) Grounding, Bonding and wiring Methods.
8) Conduit bending installations and (hands on) Finish work.
9) Main panel, Switchgear, and Panelboards.
10) Transformers, Generators construction types and installations.
11) Installation of Materials (hands on).
12) Summary and Installation of Materials (hands on).
Currently 120 students are receiving training in our Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Program per year. Since we initiated the program 12 years ago over 13,000 students have successfully completed the program directly benefiting their families. Ninety-nine percent (98%) of the students are Latinos and the balance comes from diverse communities.
Monday – Thursday (6pm to 10pm)
Students will receive a Certificate upon completion
1st payment $250
2nd payment $250
3rd payment $250
Call office : 713-223-1391